Thursday, July 21, 2011

I think I'm done with Youtube.



GASP!!!!!



Ok, I'm not Done with youtube....I'm just done with attempting to lazily make videos of Myself For youtube. Y'all know I waste hours of my life on The Web. I just don't like reshooting, editing, adding music...etc...just to get more subscribers or what not. That's the point right? *I won't tell anybody your secret agenda YT celbs*

Anyway...

I honestly only made videos because I was too lazy at the time to compose blog posts. ( ._.)
However this will continue on occasion. #lazinesswin


So no more 'half-done, not really caring for real, bad lighting, horrible review' videos! WHEW! Glad we got that out of the way. :)

On to my current hair:

  • I have kinky twists with Marley Hair.
  • I did them myself.
  • I look hood. (I have blonde streaks and my brother calls me hood every time he sees me. O_O )
  • I put them in on the *looks at the calender* OK. I started on the 10th. Essentially finished on the 12th.


OK REWIND.
Here were my looks prior to and during the installation of these joints:

The puff I sported for about a week Before having this bright idea *eye rolls*

Oh yeah...somehow I wanted to try a wash and go first. Not too bad now that I'm looking at the pic. #shrug I tried a new project THAT I ONE IN A GIVEAWAY!!! YAY ME!!! Moving on...

I started them Sunday afternoon. Fun right?


Getting a little more done...

THOUGHT I was almost done....then I ran out of hair. Good thing I planned on wearing it up anyway just in case. I saved the middle for last. :)

HOOD.

TASTIC. (I redid those on the side y'all)
Siiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhh.......Ok moving on to last week...


Looking good from afar, eh?

On my way to a photo shoot. (We shall MAYBE speak on that late. *hint* I'M NOT A MODEL. SMH)
Now. I can clearly work these things. HOWEVER. If you get in my personal space, you will notice that they look like they've been in for a good month and been washed every week. ITS ONLY BEEN A WEEK!!!! Clearly I'm not a professional AND this was my first time. I still Didn't want them to be extra tight; hence the reason I did them myself. Other than my DIY natural hair tendancies. :)

So things I've learned:

  • If you're doing them yourself and your hair is two or more different colors...USE THE DARKEST COLOR AS YOUR GUIDELINE. My braiding/twisting technique is Not good enough for even distribution of hair to have it blending all perfectly and stuff. NEXT.
  • Part AS NEATLY AS POSSIBLE. At least in the front, sides, and nape. You can wing the middle.
  • DIP YOUR HAIR WELL THE FIRST TIME. I dipped my hair when I initially finished twisting. Then like three days later I decided I wanted them curled. -___- Fail of an idea.


And to sum it up....I WAHN TO TAKE THESE JOINTS OUT NOW!!!!! My mother is going to have a field day [at my expense]. :( I just don't understand why my scalp is so itchy. I thought it would be the tension, but there isn't any!! I Can't make them tight! So why is my scalp going crazy on me anyhow! Maybe I'm allergic? -______- #pleaserespond

Later.

3 comments:

  1. you'd be surprised at what they add to braids to give them a certain "sheen" or look. i am fiercely allergic to some of the toyokalon etc. brands, but a simple alkaline soak fixes that problem. it's been a hot minute since i had braids though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try an apple cider vinegar rinse on your scalp. I'm not sure of the exact portions of water and ACV that you're supposed to use...I'll try and consult mi madre or cousin and then text you about it. But I know that's supposed to help. If I forget to text you soon and your problem still persists, text me lol. It's Tai just in case you can't tell lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Nece, I will keep that in mind next time! I've heard of people soaking their hair in ACV Before...but I don't think that's alkaline. LOL! But I did Nothing so..yeah.

    'Tinytac' THANKS! LOL!! Yeah....

    I've already taken out like 90% of the twists. I will remember these things for next time though.

    :D

    ReplyDelete