Saturday, July 30, 2011

Torn in between the two...

Good Morning!

Ok quick update on life: I still have a job, AMEN! Work is getting progressively better. Which I'm Soooo grateful for.


Yesterday at work I met a new extern that is working on my floor. Her hair was FLAWLESS. To the point where I had to question if it was a wig or not. (Not that it matters but...all the curls/coils were so uniform and Awesome!)

*****insert month long pause*****
So I ended up talking to the girl the next day and she basically just wears WNGs and styles it daily. SO wash once a week and maybe pin up a side one day, half up the other..you get the drift. SHE ONLY HAS ONE YEAR OF GROWTH post BC and her hair is like the same length as mine.

I hear/see/read this story often. Niggas chopp off all their hair and a year later their hair is longer than mine. NOW. I do realize that I Just started healthy hair practices about 2 years ago. But I still should [according to my observations] should have like..BSL hair by now. I do also realize that I've done a lot to stunt growth retention also...like extensions, permanent hair coloring sessions (Especially the last bleaching episode. *cries*)

So I'm torn between maybe Trying doing WNGs on a regular basis and just leaving my hair Alone for a while and see how the growth retention is....Or protective styling. Or maybe even wigs. But in my spirit I don't feel bold enough for it. But I HAVE to be!! I've done quick weaves, sew-in and the like!! What's the difference? Get it together Tiffany. Smh. I gotta find a wig that I Like though. I did try one on but it was already Too short pre fluffing. No deal.

IDK. But I did wear my hair in a WNG all last work week (3 days). I stuck these in in the bathroom. lol. This is second day hair.


I got so many compliments the first day. (I've NEVER worn my hair like this at work.) One co-worker was calling me 'Essence Model' all day. LOL. I'm just not used to it. My hair is usually stretched. And I JUST had waist length twists in. My WHOLE face is out! LOL!! No distractions! I didn't even wear a flower just so I could force myself to get used to it.

It was soft all week and everything though!

What to do...what to do...

Wig, WNG, PSing.

2 comments:

  1. What about doing a rotation? Do protective styling for like 2 weeks (making sure to keep it moisturized and sealed during that time) and then WNG for a week or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might do that! Also...*whispers* I ordered a wig. O_O Cause honestly...at my current length and cut, protective styles only last for a few days...which is against the point.

    ReplyDelete