Thursday, July 28, 2011

If you can't have the one you love...

Ok. This is SO not hair related...but take it anyway. As I was driving home listening to Musiq's SoulStar  album on my way home from work. THIS song came on...

Woo Chile. It reminded me of [some of] my foolish past and how I tried to subliminally (yeah right) tell my S.O. at the time to pretty much get his ISH together. Buuuuuut...it wasn't direct. Soooo...#FAIL on my part. LOL. Please note some of the lyrics:

Looking back I was bringing you down
But now im changing my life
You said when I make a change I could stop on by
Now im back and I cant live without you

[Chorus]

If you cant have the one you love
Then where are you going
In your life
If you can have the person in your life
Then where are you headed in your life



Mmhmm. OH, but don't think he didn't get the message. It just didn't matter at the time. You know why? Because  it wasn't direct and I wasn't going to do anything about it. Duh. People be knowing. There are not as oblivious as they'd like you to think. But very Few people are going to make a decision on Your behalf for your benefit. If they are winning and you're losing in some way...essentially...*whispers* Nobody Cares.  And even if they do, Clearly it wasn't enough. And really you should value yourself to get yourself  out of the situation. Look after yourself. That's all you Really have.

Also for the record, I Did get that 'confession' or whatever. But later on in life. At a Better time in my life. Where I wasn't too timid to stand up for myself despite what I thought I might be losing.

Love yourself! Corny, but you have to. No one knows and can love you like You can. And if you get on your nerves sometimes (I know I do lol ), learn to give yourself a flippin break!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment