Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spotlights: Peace

My homie Peace took time to grace us with a glimpse into her natural hair experience! :)


Signature Flower Action
Major Shrinkage!

Where do you live? 
 - I live in Duluth, GA

How are you occupying your time? (work, school, etc.)
- I work at Banana Republic and I'm an after school teacher

How long have you been natural?Were you a long or short term transitioner?
- I started growing it out in August 2005 and did my BC in March2006, so its going on 5 years!! I transitioned for 7 months

How would you describe your hair?
- I would describe my hair as extra black!!  If that is a category!  My dad is African so my hair is super coily and kinky.  Using the letter/number system i would be a 4c even though there is much debate as to whether the 4c category exists.

What’s your current regimen/What products are you currently using?
- I just changed my products so now I am using Shea Moisture Raw shea butter deep masque for DC, SM moisture mist, SM raw shea leave in cream conditioner, shea moisture african black soap dandruft & itchy scalp elixer and Miss Jessie Cream cleanser, Cantu shea moisturizer, trader joes nourish spa shampoo (all natural sulfate free) and my TANGLE TEEZER (its the business!).  These are my regulars!  I deep condition once an week and I do a protein treatment once a week with IC fantasia.


What do you like/dislike about being natural?
- I love that being natural makes me cool!  I get all kinds of complement from all races and they love my hair!  I love that it is versatile in styling.  I don't like how dry my hair is.  That can be rough finding a good product that really hydrate my hair.

Leave us with a word of encouragement for the newbies/those who are thinking of embarking on this journey.
- Don't be afraid to do it!  Don't be afraid to show off your texture!  You hair is beautiful just the way God gave it to you.  Wear your hair with pride whether its pressed or curly!  And most importantly, have patience.  Its not a quick process, it takes time.  

Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?
- I keep a photo log of new hairstyles on facebook because i like to experiment!



No comments:

Post a Comment