Thursday, February 3, 2011

CHALLENGE TIME!! *Official start date* 2/3/2011

I'm starting a challenge and I want you to hold me accountable!! Kim Coles (from Living Single) has recently done a BC and its proposing a hair growth challenge through Currlynikki.com (LOVE this site). Check out the link!! http://www.naturallycurly.com/kimcolesgrowout :) Now, first let me tell you...I've only done like one challenge; which Might still be going on *shrug*. It was supposed to target excessive shedding and included black tea rinses, vitamin e and increased water intake. Sigh. The only thing I kept up with was the vitamin e...come to find out I wasn't even taking the right dosage! Oh...Well...


So back to this Current challenge. It  "will consist of a balanced diet and sufficient water intake, gentle handling, minimal heat usage, regular deep treatments, and daily moisturizing." *looks at calendar* Uhhh....maybe I should start next week? Cause my diet is just... smh. Well, lemme say this. When I eat food from home its very healthy, well-balanced, and usually doesn't even involve meat. But when I go to Work?! Whole nother story!! And I've been eating out Way too often. Granted...its like a couple times a month but its more than my normal. I gotta Chill!


So I need to STICK TO a regular regimen asap. Consistency is gonna be key in not failing at this challenge!! 


Here's a rough draft:


1) Shampoo/clarify/co-wash
2) Detangle (with condish), twist in sections
3) Add DC conditioner and leave on for 30 mins Max (Cause I just be wasting time y'all...)
4)Rinse, add leave-in, sealant, wait 30 mins
5) retwist/braid in smaller sections
6) Take out in the morning, retwist as needed before starting the process over


I want to be able to do bunning and what not...but Ion have enough hair for that quite yet!! BUT...banana clips are about to become my best friend!! I can have a Real looking pony tail!! *happy dance*


Alright this post took entirely TOO LONG to write! I'll do another post with actual pics of my current hair So I can keep track of my styles and more importantly..hair growth! Right now its just in 6 HUGE flat twists on blowdried hair into a mini bun. Very Basic. 


Anyway...Let's do this!!! *runs around and high fives...all 3 followers* <------Hmm. I gotta work on this.


Till next time folks!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when I stumble across someone I know online who is also on a healthy hair journey! Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete