Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hurdles. SUCK.

Sigh.


SIGH.


*hangs head*


You know I've been doing my 6 month challenge right? Yeah I'm failing. Or should I say...I tripped over a couple hurdles, cause I Surely didn't jump over them. -__-


I got my hair done yesterday. No I didn't get a relaxer. *side eye* I did get it pressed though. SIGH. I ALREADY WANT TO WASH IT OUT!!  Don't get me wrong its cute and such...especially with the color! I did get some compliments though *whips hair* But then again...when people compliment me a lot on straight hair it makes me wanna do it less. I'm weird like that. We'll deal with that on another time though. lol. But I probably got like an inch off the very back layer and about TWO inches for each section there after. *SOBS* 
I knew that color (to a degree) damages your hair. I know it can make it drier and more susceptible to breakage. This is why I decided to use Aveda brand color instead because its more nature derived/based...whomp whomp, etc, etc. Back to the point Tiffany. I was good on the straightening process all the way up to the blow drying section. I was a little weary because I remembered that homegirl uses a paddle brush. But even That turned out ok. I didn't feel like hair was ripping out or breaking or anything of the sort. BUT....there was Nothing used on my hair prior to blowdrying. Eh. Plenty of folks do that though. In her defense though, she Did spray some stuff (two things actually) on each section before flat ironing. 


FREEZE.


My hair is fine (in texture/density whatever the politically correct term is) but it doesn't not cooperate well without PRODUCT. Like if my hair feels dry when you blow dry it....its not gonna magically get moisture after two different aerosol sprays are put on it Coupled with a fine tooth comb. *drops head* Why can't my hair just be strong and resilient and amazing????!! This hair breaking off or being damaged before the growth can become apparent is BLOWING ME.


You may feel like I'm overreacting and Maybe my hair was in bad condition but you listen here!! I deal with my hair everyday. *point to chest* ME. I freak out when I see One split end and cut it off. I just gave myself a mini trim the other day! [With hair shears. I'm not a retard.]  I use mostly natural products on my hair...DC every time I wash, Try to put my ends away (especially lately), started using Aloe Vera. Sigh. But alas its only been a couple weeks since I started the Hair Growth Challenge. Even though I just got my hair cut in November. WHY ME??!! 

And it seems I'm back to square like...- 3. *cries* If my hair is pressed again in the near future...I am doing it. Make sure there's some kinda lubrication. But whatever. No pressing!! Blowouts only!! And I will try and cut back on those also. I might have to just take that 'L' and put my hair in twists for a while.


Whew. I got tired just thinking about it. Smh.


On another note...All of this is just really making me wanna have long locs. Yes. I'm still on that. And I know the long part isn't gonna be for a Couple a years Anyway...but at least I'll Know that my growth will be practically uninhibited by outside sources (manipulation, bad products...blah blah) What to do. What. To. Do. And I can't have both. *pouts* 


This Sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment