Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day...*counts fingers* THREE

Hey guys!! So its day Three of this hair challenge! :)  I washed my hair...sometime....Uh...Whenever I said I washed it last. So Friday night I lightly sprayed my hair with water and a little Aloe Vera juice, added my Alma and Olive Heavy Cream (mostly to the ends), then when it dried a little (couple secs) I added Olive Oil Eco Styler and twisted my hair in Bantu Knots!!! (Or China bumps...for those unfamiliar with politically correct natural hair lingo. Cause that's how I knew them growing up lol) 


I did them in fairly large sections; I probably had about 15 'knots' total. I took them out Saturday morning for church and Voila!! 
Sorry for the mug. LONG STORY. I promise I smile in real life!


The back view. Hmm....I gotta get a camera that'll actually focus on my Hair and not the surrounding. -__-


Top view. *insert snarky comment here*




Well actually..not quite. I've noticed that I ALWAYS make the sections in the very bottom section of my hair the biggest and it always causes problems in styles like this. Why I haven't learned by now..I don't know. *hangs head* So it was WAY more defined (expect for the mostly straight, slightly wavy row in tihe back) when I took the knots out. I had to break out the blow dryer and concentrator nozzle (shame on me I know....) to stretch the rest of hair out to Try and match the back. Sigh. Then I broke out the mini flat iron and water bottle and....I digress. Listen, YOU will not have to go through that. Just make sure all your sections are roughly the same size!! Hopefully this lasts for a couple days cause I'm trying to detangle (via comb/brush) ONLY on wash days. Let's keep that breakage to a minimum...yeah?


I was TRYING to take a pic of my hair Today..since I redid the back row,  but somehow my webcam software mysteriously disappeared.  So next time! If I get some better pictures I'll just edit the post. Oh the joys of technology.


Next up (or sometime in the near future) OCM!!!!


Till next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment