Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why I'm Not Cut Out to be a Nurse

If you follow me on twitter (@roxie2398) you would've known that my coworkers were talking about me today. Not in my face, but loud enough so could hear. Smh. Oh lets not forget about the comment about homework was just making sure knew that i looked 12. Just in case I forgot. *palms face*
The convo went some thing like this:
  • dude: *insert incomprehensible ramblings from dude* 
  • lady: "but isn't she so cute?! And her hair, and her little flowers...."
  • dude:*convincingly* i don't think she is cut out to be a nurse.
  • lady: goes on about my 'cuteness'  smh lol
  • °dude: she should be working at Tiffany's or something! <--- -____-
  • • Lady: I know right! 
  • *high fives!!!* Ok I made that up lol

Fast forward a couple hours...hours....hours....

Dude actually came up to me later and gave me a list of reasons as to why I might not be cut out to be a nurse. (in no particular order)

Reason #1- I'm normal weight.
Reason #2 -I'm cute.
Reason #3-I take care of my patients.
Reason#4 I'm not a bitch.
(I'm sure there were a couple more. #shrug)
And to sum it up.... I mightve wasted 4 years of my life cause this might not be the profession for me.

This is real life. Pathfinder's honor. *salutes*

Jokes aside....seriously...think about it. To anybody that's every worked in a hospital, been admitted in a hospital, visited someone in the hospital....you can attest to a lot of these characteristics being true for nurses. And as arguably the persons most involved in a patients health advancement, shouldn't we do better? And the sentiments above were from Fellow Nurses. *side eye to Everybody* 

1 comment:

  1. Aww eff!! this is cruddy. i don't know what to say really.

    ReplyDelete