Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hair Dyeage. Explained.

I'm sorry guys. I like blatantly lied to you. LOL. But...a Couple of tomorrows later...I'm here bearing gifts of Pictures!! Yay!!!


Let's try and do a concise run down of what happened when I walked in the Aveda Institute for this famed hair color and the story goes as followed:


Walk in the door at 1005. Go to desk. State name and person that they Told me was doing my hair when I called earlier. Get corrected and rescheduled with inexperienced (even though I didn't know at the time) student. Take tea. [Its delicious guys!!] Take clipboard with attached survey. Put down purse, bottle of water, a tea. Start to fill out survey. Look up cause someone called my name. ..... Pick up purse, tea, survey, and bottled water. Walk ALL THE WAY to the back back of the building as I Feel people staring at...well...my hair. Shrunken natural hair could be very scary. I was a little scared myself! Scared somebody was gonna rip all my hair out! The lady's instructor came out and told her that she needed to blow dry my hair in order to have it straight enough to apply to all over highlights.  RED FLAG. I was just praying that my hair could withstand the abuse that was soon to come. Smh. I tol' her...you might wanna spritz my hair before you try to detangle but...


FYI: WHY I walked up in there like it was a natural hair salon or sum with super shrunken hair I don't know. Don't ever do that. lol. I caught myself tryna to do a prepoo the night before and put conditioner on it and...Yeah. I've never done that before! *note to self* DO NOT try new stuff Right before you make a salon visit. FAIL.FAIL.FAIL.


Black girl had to come and show newbies how to detangle and blowdry after spritzing...like I Said...Homegirl did her section quickly but Newbie I think was new to the whole blow drying with tension or whatever so it took FOREVER. THEN color had to be applied. *tears* Crazy me wanted all over highlights and I didn't want them patchy so the sections were UBER small...and then those small sections were parted in half. I wanted to throw something. 


FAST FORWARD.


After all the foils were put in and removed; my hair was Literally the color of Cheetos. Pause. Imagine. Yep.
Blue/violet based demi permanent color and a prayer later...I got what I wanted!! YAYNESS!! *happy dance*




 


Not too bright. Not Yellow...or brassy. Only thing I wish was that I didn't have them in them starting at my hairline. But Eh. Its all good.


*sidebar* I didn't leave the building till 5. They close at 4. I didn't even get my hair STYLED!!! Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment